Monday, September 17, 2007

Misc. catching up after vacation

Back from vacation. Had a really good time. Let's see...
I went horseback riding a couple of times and had fun. My husband and I and one of my oldest friends (not that he's old, but I've known him for a really long time, ya know?) all went and had a ball except that we were the first ones down the trail that morning and the spiders were EVERYWHERE! Well, I'm deathly afraid of anything even remotely spider-like, so my husband had to go in front and swat them all down with a branch.... good man. Thankfully, the ride was uneventful other than good fun and conversation. In other words, it's one of the few horseback experiences I've had in recent history where I DIDN'T end up on the ground and that's always good.
I went to a big Blues concert in Springfield, MO. That was fun. The line up was the Cate Brothers, The Lara Price Band, Anthony Gomes, Leon Russell and the North Mississippi Allstars. Leon Russell was the biggest name there and, unfortunately, the sound was SO bad for his portion of the show that we all left for his part and came back to see the North Mississippi Allstars. I managed to meet and get my pic taken with the NMA bassist, which was the highlight of my day.
I read 3 books while on vacation. Terry Pratchett's, Good Omen's and The Art of Discworld and Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. Great reads, all of them. I have currently started collecting all of the Discworld series, 1st Edition, hardcovers. That first one is a real bitch to get ahold of. I'm thinking my husband will have to get me that one for Christmas... in other words, give me the money and I will order it. He's not too suave with the internet. Just the other day, he bought me a new saddle for my birthday. He bought it off ebay and it was supposed to be a surprise. Little did he know, I was watching the saddle and could very clearly see that he was the winning bidder. Blew the surprise, but he would have ended up telling me anyway. I'm just proud of him for shopping so far ahead of time. My birthday is another 5 or 6 weeks away!
The rest of vacation was just general hanging out with friends, organizing my house (fall cleaning), etc. Not real exciting, but just what I needed!

No comments: