Saturday, July 28, 2007

I HAVE Arrived....er, Returned!

Well, I've been back from vacation for over a week, but what a week it's been. For the 5 of you who read this blog (snicker, snort, laugh)...sorry for the delay. I'm sure you've been waiting with bated breath.
First off: Trip Report
My son, Dalton, and I arrived in Eureka Springs on Tuesday morning, checked into some less than desirable accomodations (never staying in that Bed and Breakfast again) and set out shopping. I, being the ultra-smart mom that I am, knew if we didn't go shopping first, I would never hear the end of his longing for a new knife. (leave it to this semi-pacifist to have a son who collects knives. I know what you're asking and the answer is "semi" because sometimes people really, really piss me off).
ANYWAY (I'm getting so far off the subject that I'm starting to sound like my friend Mike), we hiked around Eureka while we were shopping and took a lot of cool pictures, too. Then it was off to the Crescent Hotel for the Ghost Tour. (Visit here http://www.eureka-springs-ghost.com/ for more information on that). What a great time this was! It's not the BOO, I BET I SCARED YOU kind of spook house, but an historic hotel with quite a past and some other worldy visitors. Definitely worth the trip.
Wednesday, we went to Blue Spring (http://www.bluespringheritage.com/) and did some hiking and more photography. It was hotter than Hell's attic, but we hardly noticed the heat because we were having so much fun.
Of course, the dining was fantastic all the way around, as it always is in Eureka Springs and the folks who live there were as nice as ever.
Since I've been home, my step-daughter has given us quite a scare with a trip to the ER, a spinal tap and a diagnosis of Viral Meningitis. She's doing okay now.
I went the very next day to the ER with a migraine I could not get control of.
I bought a new horse, which I've already managed to....erm...unseat myself from. It was quite a distance to the ground and dear gods I am sore, but shall recover to ride again (to the horse's dismay, I'm sure...lazy creatures).
The rest of the week has been filled with work, the drive to work and the drive home from work. Who the hell works 40 miles from their home?
Oh yeah, I also sold my truck to a crackhead.
I'd say that about catches everything up to this point.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....all 5 of you! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell's Attic? As opposed to Hell's Kitchen? Wouldn't Hell's attic, um, be here? HA! That was funny, admit it.

I'm glad you had a good time; now when are you going to send me that picture of the ghost?!

charmingly ardent said...

Yeah, Hell's attic...as opposed to Hell's kitchen or even Hell's hinges. It's really really hot up there!